Chemical Peels at Dermacenter™
Return to your natural beauty. Reduce blemishes, wrinkles and age spots
Rid your face of freckles, blemishes, wrinkles, dryness, age spots and uneven skin pigmentation, and smooth the overall texture of your face with a chemical peel from DermaCenter™. A chemical peel topically uses acids in a formula specially tailored to each client’s skin care needs.
In addition to taking years off your facial appearance, chemical peels can also soften acne facial scars and help control acne. DermaCenter™’s experts will consult with clients prior to their peel procedures to assess their unique skin care needs, providing stronger peels for clients who have had series of peels in the past or are currently using glycolic products. The medical director or aesthetician will also recommend at-home skin care regimens to further improve each client’s skin texture. Deeper peels have a longer recovery period (longer facial peeling process), but offer more dramatic results.
The DermaCenter™ staff is committed to the highest level of customer service, and wants its clients to be informed of their options. Schedule a FREE consultation, call our office at (215) 735-7990 for more information about our chemical peel services.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a Chemical Peel?
Glycolic acid chemical peels can improve rough, dry skin, as well as uneven pigmentation. They can also improve the texture of sun-damaged skin and help control acne.
Who are candidates for Chemical Peels?
Clients who have facial blemishes, wrinkles, large pores, dull tone, acne and uneven skin pigmentation are candidates.
How are chemical skin peels actually performed?
Some aspects of the chemical peel procedure differ according to the type of peel (light, medium, or deep) being administered. However, all skin peel procedures follow the same basic protocols:
- The doctor or aesthetician cleanses the patient’s skin and, if necessary, applies a topical anesthetic to the treatment area.
- The chemical peel solution is then applied. This solution is formulated according to each patient’s specific needs and goals. It is common for the patient to feel a tingling or stinging sensation as the chemical peel is applied.
- After the skin peel solution has been on the skin for the prescribed amount of time, it is washed off with water. A soothing ointment is then applied to protect the skin.
- Depending on the patient’s skin condition and the depth of the chemical peel, multiple treatments may be necessary to achieve the desired results.
How long will the treatment last?
From start to finish the procedure should take approximately 30 minutes. There is little or no recovery time needed.
When can I schedule my next peel?
Chemical peels can be done every two to four weeks depending on the type of peel. We recommend a series of six for maximum benefits.
What should I do after my peel?
- You may be more sensitive to the sun, so limit sun exposure during treatment and for at least one week afterward. Use a recommended sunscreen of at least SPF 30 or higher.
- Avoid strenuous exercise for at least two to three days, as the perspiration may irritate the skin.
- When washing your face, do not scrub. Use a sensitive cleanser.
- Avoid wearing foundations after the treatment or during the days when skin is actually peeling. Many foundations contain ingredients that are greasy, fragranced, and irritating. Mineral makeup is okay.
- Do not “help” the skin peel to avoid scarring or rashes. Do not pull on or peel shedding skin. You can control the flaking with a light moisturizer.
- Do not have any facial treatments for at least one week after your chemical peel.
Are chemical peels painful?
In general, patients only feel a mild stinging sensation during light or medium chemical peels.
Will my skin literally “peel”?
Chemical peels remove the outer layers of skin to reduce or eliminate the appearance of a number of skin imperfections and conditions. After a patient undergoes a skin peel, the treated layers of skin gradually flake away, revealing a fresh new layer of skin.
How long is the recovery period after a skin peel?
Light glycolic chemical peels require virtually no recovery time. Though the skin may be mildly irritated after the peel, patients can return to their daily activities immediately after treatment.